Information for W-2 Private Agencies regarding the IM/W-2 Common Code and
- If the family or individual is not specific regarding which programs
they are applying for, record your time to the IM/W-2 Programs (Common).
- As a general rule of thumb, tasks that you are performing during screening, client registration and beginning application entry up to Requests for Programs of Assistance screens in CARES Worker Web (CWW) or ACPA in CARES should be recorded as IM/W-2 Programs (Common).
- After you reach screen ACPA, you should record your time to the specific programs the client is applying for.
- If the client indicates specific programs for which they are applying, record your time to these programs, even for eligibility.
- For W-2 and Child Care eligibility, time can be recorded to an
eligibility cost pool. The eligibility percentages posted to the website
should be used to allocate these costs to the appropriate line code
- After you reach AGEC in the CARES system, use the appropriate
program code(s) to record your time.
IM/W-2 Programs (Common) Program Code:
- Report this code for activities associated with client registration such
as taking the client’s request for assistance, registering the client in
CARES, setting the filing date, and running the case through clearance.
- Also use this program code for new worker training when the training
does not apply to a specific program.
Eligibility Determination and Redetermination (Common Items) Activity Code:
- Use this code for conducting intake and review activities (CARES driver
flows ASII and ASER) with the appropriate program code or the IM/W-2 Common
Program code to record your time.
- Eligibility for Emergency Assistance should be tracked separately from
the eligibility cost pool.