More UI FAQs
- 1. Do I have to create a Logon?
- Yes, to gain access to Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance Benefits (UI) online
services you will be required to create a Logon.
The unique logon that you create will be used to identify
you when accessing online services; this information is confidential and should
not be shared with others. Do not give your user name
and password to ANYONE.
- 2. Can you walk me through the steps?
- Yes, after you have read and accepted the terms and conditions.
- Step 1 - Create a logon if you do not have one.
- Step 2 - Print your logon information; and remember your password.
- Step 3 - Logon using the logon you have created.
- Step 4 - Get authorized by entering your personal information.
- Step 5 - Once authorized, begin using UI online services.
- 3. Can I use the same logon as JCW/KIDS? Do I have to use
- Yes, Job Center of Wisconsin (JCW) & Wisconsin Child Support Online Services
(KIDS) agencies use a logon to access their online services
that you can use to access UI online services too!
You don’t have to use it, but we recommend you logon using that existing
logon if you already have one set up. Just for ease in remembering,
but it is not required.
Note: If you shared a JCW/KIDS
with other people or if you disclosed your Logon with others in the past, please use a
different logon so that others will not have access to your unemployment claim and records.
Please be aware that you may be held responsible for claims filed by others without your permission if you
share your access credentials with others. Do not
share your logon with others!
- 4. What if I forget my Logon? Do I create a new one?
- No, if you forget your logon do not create a new one.
First, attempt to change them immediately following the instructions. Creating
another logon will only delay your access to online services.
If you continue to have trouble contact the Services Desk as instructed.
When calling, be sure to identify what services you are attempting to access.
(ex. UI, JCW, KIDS, etc)
- 5. Can I login using my Social Security Number(SSN) and Personal
Identification Number (PIN)?
- No, your Social Security Number (SSN) and Personal Identification Number
(PIN) will no longer be used to access online services. Your SSN and PIN
will still be used to identify you when using our telephone services.
- 6. Why am I required to enter my personal information?
- Your personal information is needed to verify your identity and allow you to
access our online services. Your social security number, first name, last
name, date of birth and gender or Wisconsin’s driver’s license number, if you
have one are required.
- 7. Why do I have to enter my personal information again?
- You will be required to enter your personal information again, after prior
authorization, if you had a change in your personal information, changed your
password or forgot your user name or password. These steps are taken in an
effort to protect your personal information.
- 8. What is Wisconsin Job Service Registration?
- As a claimant; you could be directed by Unemployment Insurance (UI) to register
for work with Wisconsin Job Service. You will be mailed instructions on how
To register you need to do the following three steps on the
Job Center of Wisconsin website:
Once you are fully registered with Job Service, you will receive an e-mail confirmation,
as long as you provided a valid e-mail address.
- Setting up a Logon Profile or you can logon using your UI username/password
- Registering for services (including SSN), and
- Complete a Job Match Profile.
If you have questions or need help, please visit your local job center
or contact Job Service at 1-888-258-9966.
- 9. Having trouble authorizing for UI services?
- If you are having trouble authorizing for UI services, verify your
information is entered and formatted correctly. If your last name is long
or hyphenated; please enter your name as it appears on your Wisconsin driver’s
license, if you have one. Also, make sure the Date of Birth field is formatted
using slashes (ex. 10/12/1982).
If you continue to have trouble contact UI Claims as instructed. Your
user name must be given to our staff if you call for help, but your password is
confidential and should not be shared.
- 10. Having trouble viewing a link?
- If you are having trouble viewing links once you are authorized for online
services. You can try to clear cache and cookies; then restart your PC in an
effort to view them. If still having trouble contact UI Claims.
- 11. Can online users still access telephone services for UI?
- Yes, online users can contact UI by telephone. You will be required to
use your social security number and Personal Identification Number (PIN) when
using our telephone services.
A PIN is a 4-digit number you create to identify yourself. Make up a
PIN that you will remember but is hard for others to guess. Your PIN is
confidential and should not be shared. Do not give your PIN
- 12. Where do I find work search forms?
- Beginning the evening of September 10, 2014, if you file your weekly claim online, you will enter your required weekly work search information in our
website. We will save the information for you so there will be no need to fill out and keep paper records. Claimants will need to enter weekly work search information in our system every time they file weekly claims online.
Claimants who file weekly claims by phone must continue to keep records of their weekly work search information for one year. A Weekly Work Search form can be printed from our website and completed:
- 13. Can I file an Appeal using UI online?
- No, not using these online services. Appeals can still be filed online at
http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uibola/onlineappeal.htm or by mail.