Unemployment Insurance Handbook for Employers (UCB-201-P)
Section 5 - New Hire Reporting
PART 3 - Reporting Instructions
New Hire information may be reported in a variety of ways:
- Secure Internet Site - The address for the Internet reporting
At this site, employers may key individual reports or transfer an entire file.
- Diskette or CD-R
- Magnetic Tape
- Paper - Report by paper using State Form WT-4, Federal Form W4, or by submitting a list containing the required information listed below. Paper reports may be sent by toll free fax at 1-800-277-8075. Copies of these forms can be found at the end of this section.
- Toll Free Telephone - Report by automated touch-tone at 1-888-300-4473.
Mail electronic and paper reports to:
- Wisconsin New Hire Reporting
P.O. Box 14431
Madison, WI 53714-0431
New Hire reports are due within 20 days after the date the employee starts work for you or at least twice per month for electronic reporting such as Internet, diskette, or magnetic tape.
REPORTS MUST CONTAIN:
- Employee name
- Employee address
- Employee social security number
- Employee date of birth
- Employer name
- Employer payroll address
- Employer FEIN
- Date of hire
Part 6 of this section includes copies of State Form WT-4 and Federal Form W-4.
Updated: December 15, 2008
Content Contact: New Hire